Mashable won a Webby Award for our business coverage, so how on earth could you let yourself miss our latest digital media resources? Just kidding — for whatever reason you couldn’t keep up this week, check out our features roundup for the best social media, business and tech resources.
This week, we’ve covered mobile trends that your company needs to watch out for, rules for responding to customers online and specs on the forthcoming BlackBerry 10 that are pretty cool. We also have a ton of content from Star Wars Day, a list of quirky and downright strange YouTube channels and infographics on Apple‘s worth, the presidential campaign, mobile commerce and other hot topics. We also announced the date of Mashable‘s Social Media Day 2012 (June 30) and listed ways you can participate!
Enjoy this week’s resources.
- How to Explain Facebook (and Its IPO) in 150 Seconds [VIDEO]
Want a Facebook refresher? Need to how why its may be worth its $ 100 billion valuation? Simply screen this short video.
- Growing Up Google: How Cloud Computing Is Changing a Generation
Google’s free Apps for Education program is turning kids into loyal, long-term users and changing the way institutions think about technology.
- Beyond Craigslist: 10 Sites for Apartment Hunters
Here are 10 sites to help you find the perfect apartment in the neighborhood of your choice — and within your price range.
- Obama vs. Romney: The Social Showdown
How do Obama and Romney compare on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest?
- How 7 Top Brands Are Using Facebook’s New Ad Tools
The social platform has switched up its ad rules. See how these brands are shining on Facebook.
- 10 Heart-Warming Animal Friendships Captured on YouTube
There’s something special about interspecies friendships. We’ve gathered some of the most remarkable footage of animal buddies on YouTube.
- Freedom Tower: 11 Beautiful Instagrams of NYC’s Tallest Building
A steel beam was secured to One World Trade Center, making it officially the tallest building in New York City. Instagram users captured the moment.
- 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week [CHART]
Which TV shows have generated the most buzz on social networks? Find out each week from our social TV chart.
- 21 Ridiculously Cute Dog and Cat Instagram Pics
We scoured Instagram for the most stylish and adorable canines and felines.
- Celebrate Mashable’s Social Media Day 2012
On Saturday, June 30, 2012, Mashable‘s worldwide community will celebrate a common interest in and passion for social media and innovation.
- 4 Ways to Drive Engagement With Facebook Ads
Here are four ways to drive more engagement with the new Facebook ad units, along with tips for how to enhance performance.
- 15 LOL-Worthy Instagram Pics
There are plenty of laughs lurking on Instagram. Here’s a roundup of some of the best comedy gems out there.
- 20 Lunchtime Photos From the Mashable Community
For last week’s Mashable Photo Challenge, we asked you to send us a photo during your lunch break. Take a look at these 20 spectacular shots.
- 7 Quirky, Comical and Downright Weird YouTube Channels
These seven YouTube channels will have you laughing more with each click.
- Scumbag Steve: How the Internet Meme Became a Rapper
Internet meme “Scumbag Steve” — AKA Blake Boston — has turned his unintentional web fame into a burgeoning rap music career.
- 16 Instagram Pics Moving at the Speed of Life
Mashable scoured Instagram for pics that convey high speeds — because the faster we do things, the more we can do.
- 25 Stunning Cityscapes on Instagram
Feast your eyes on some of the best and most beautiful cities in the world with this curation of Instagram pics.
- 10 Most-Shared Star Wars-Themed Ads on YouTube
Check out the 10 most-shared YouTube ads inspired by Star Wars.
Business & Marketing
- 5 Mobile Trends Brands Need to Watch
The post-mobile future is upon us. Here’s how brands can prepare for a period that’s evolving before their eyes.
- 6 Tips for Organizing Your Small Business Finances
Here are six ways you can take control of your finances and move your small business forward.
- YouTube’s 20 Most-Shared Ads in April [VIDEOS]
Check out the 20 most-shared YouTube ads for the month of April, featuring Google, Nike, Tipp-Ex and more.
- 7 Rules for Responding to Customers Online
Here are seven social media management rules to help your employees boost customer loyalty and revenue.
- Hungry? Appetude Finds Delish Dishes Near You
“‘What is good to eat near me?’” That’s the question Appetude wants to answer by creating a social platform revolving around dishes, restaurants and friends.
- How One Startup Is Reinventing the Mail
Paperless Post took the idea of stealth mode to new levels; its founders didn’t even tell friends what they were making early on. But all that secrecy seems to have paid off.
- How Much Is Apple Worth? [INFOGRAPHIC]
This infographic compares Apple’s massive reach to things around the world.
- Shazam: The Secret to Better TV Engagement?
Shazam has come a long way from its sound-recognition roots. Check out innovative ways the platform is pioneering the second screen.
- 65+ Hot Events in Business and Social Media
The Events Board allows event organizers and the Mashable community to organize events in social media, tech, marketing and other fields.
- Want to Book Restaurants You Find on Foursquare? This Startup Helps
Reserve My City makes it easy to book restaurant reservations on your Foursquare to-do list.
- Fashion Designer Launches Platform for Crowdsourced Design
Cut On Your Bias lets you vote on a range of design goods mockups, and purchase the ones voted most popular by the community.
- Want to Turn Your Brand’s Fans Into Expert Advisors? Try This Startup
Needle offers expert live chat service to online retailers to help customers find the best products and increase sales.
Tech & Mobile
- What If LinkedIn Was Invented in the ’80s? [VIDEO]
Imagine what job hunting would be like today if we relied on software programming from the ’80s.
- Celebrate ‘Mean Girls’ Day With 34 Fetch Memes
Mean Girls was released 8 years ago and went on to become a pop cultural smash. Enjoy the best memes inspired by the film from across the internet.
- 8 Hilarious ‘Avengers’ Parodies [VIDEOS]
In anticipation of the release of The Avengers, we’ve gathered eight hilarious parodies to keep you entertained while you wait.
- 7 Fantastic Celebrity Portraits on ‘Draw Something’
Along with our partners at CNN iReport, we asked you to send us your best celebrity portraits on Draw Something. Take a look!
- 6 Serious Movie Scenes Recut With Corny Laugh Tracks
We found six fascinating examples of serious movie scenes re-edited with laugh tracks. Talk about counterintuitive!
- 5 Things That Are Actually Pretty Cool About BlackBerry 10
RIM showed off some novel features about its forthcoming BlackBerry 10 smartphone platform.
- 2012: Year of the Online Political Ad [INFOGRAPHIC]
Politicians are spending more on digital ads this year than they’ve ever spent before.
- Why Creating a Successful App Is Harder Than You Think [INFOGRAPHIC]
According to one survey, nearly 60% of app entrepreneurs don’t even break even on the cost of developing their project.
- 10 Tech Innovations That Streamline Air Travel
Stuck with the bureaucracy found at your local airport? Check out these innovations bound to make your trip a lot faster.
- The Future of Money and Mobile Commerce [INFOGRAPHIC]
Mobile payments represent the new frontier in ecommerce technology. Find out how people and businesses are preparing for a new form of money.
- Films as Startups: How Indie Producers Build Buzz
The days of shopping scripts around Hollywood are over. If you can prove there’s online interest in your film, you’ve got a better shot at attracting studio backing.
- Is Too Much Tech Bad for the Modern Teenager? [INFOGRAPHIC]
This infographic provides some perspective on just how immersed the modern teenager is in technology.
- 10 Best Android Puzzle Games
Mobile puzzle games are so addictive that players have been known to lose a few hours on them. Here are ten for Android that you’ll love.
- Half of Consumers Use Smartphones While Working Out [INFOGRAPHIC]
A new infographic from Lab42 found that 51% of consumers are using smartphones during their workouts.
- From Skateboarding to Door-Kicking: 12 Hilarious Obama GIFs
A look at some of the most hilarious GIFs made of President Barack Obama.
- 9 Star Wars Tech Accessories From a Galaxy Far, Far Away
“May the fourth be with you” on Star Wars Day! Here are our favorite tech toys from around the web.
- Look at These 35 Star Wars Memes, You Will
These are the memes you’re looking for. Check out these 35 galactic Star Wars memes we’ve gathered from across the Internet.